Saturday, August 1, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH THE FABULOUS ACTRESS IN CAMEROON EDITH PIKWA BOMA

We have heard the cry over and over again: " I want to be an actor/actress!" From the outside, being an actor looks inciting. It looks like a happy shiny, easy world where actors are discovered on the street corners and into block buster movies.





It can look easy,and something that everyone can do. Cameroon is a nation of smart and incredible actors, actresses, artists musicians/comedians, Doctors, Pharmarcists, Bankers, directors and producers, a nation with abundance untapped potential.


 If it is Sunday, know it is a day of interview. While in Dallas Arlington Texas for sightseeing I Stumbled into this classy, sassy, beautiful lady, with a bright charming smile by name Edith Pikwa Alfred Boma who is one of Cameroon great actress, married to her high school sweetheart for Nine years, a mother of three.


She attended school in PSS Bafut, CPC Bali and comprehensive health Academy DC. She is from Menka Momo Division. We talked about movies, life, work, acting, family, oh! She is a sweetheart, so Vibrant and so funny.


I asked her if she have time for a couple of questions about her career and personal life stories... She was like uhhh! I kinda in a hurry! Like stars do, but finally she gave me an OK.


Q?
How did u get to involved in acting and at what age did you know film acting was a passion?
 Ans.
Knowing your worth, is knowing who you are. Growing up as a child in the Northwest/Southwest region of Cameroon, Bamenda/limbe, I knew acting was a passion, because my day to day life was all action, either reciting a movie I watched or singing to my friends.


My dad always call me an actor and a mischievous girl, hahahaha! in a good way though kikikikiki. I am always ready to do something that draws attention and make people laugh hahahaha. My uncles and aunties and family friends always tell me that I am an actor.
I watched alot of movies at home while as a kid, narrated and acted the entire movie I watched to friends, especially to my dad during his lunch time, I always knew that acting is a path for me, beside I never stressed acting. I am more happy on set you know.


Q...
How did you get involved in acting?
When I got to the States in 2005, a year later I met some couple of people in DC and we started Camwood, but you know I decided to stop to pursuit nursing, got married and had kids.


Q?
How long have you been acting?
                        2 years.

Q?
Do you have any other talent?
Ans. Other talent? Hmmm! Lol well I know I can dance well kikikikiki...

Q?
Can you show me some of your moves?
Ans. Hahaha now! Right here! Lol no way.

Q?
 Is movie acting your sole career?      
 I am a nurse.

Q? From where have you learned acting?
Ans.
It's a natural talent and  have attended some workshops and I am always online learning and watching a lot of movies, you know!

Q?
 How many plays have you done so far?
Ans.
You mean movies or stage plays!,......... Movies, oh! OK like 10.


Q? Namely?
 Message to brain, the Flaw, Unusual twist, weeping aches, All things unholy, Madison lane, Slow poison, Dynamics of jealousy, Ndolo and the Senator.


Q?
Are you working on any Current project?
Yeah! I will be featuring in a new movie starting next week 4th of July titled Unforgiving, Fire and Desire, which is an American project.


Q? What kind of roles have you performed in your career?
Ans.
Some leads actress and some featuring.
Q.
Any awards?
Not yet, though last year I was nominated at GIAMA for the first movie I featured, titled Message to the brain.

Q? What's your zodiac sign?                             Capricorn.

Q? Who is you favorite actor/actress?


 Ans. Omotola, oh my goodness, I will kill for her sake, she is my icon, from her dressing style, her beauty...she is an amazing woman. If I was a guy....lol,. Mercy Johnson also one of my favorite I love her so much, she is a sweetheart, a down to earth person, very natural.

Q?
what's your guilty pleasure?
oh my gosh hahaha, a fit die for chocolate.

Q?
 Do you have best friend?
Ans. Mmmmhhh! Well, there's nothing as best friend in my vocabulary but anyways my hussy is my best friend.


I treat everybody equally. I can meet somebody for the first and act as if I have known that person for decades. I am very good at bringing lights in any dull environment, very animating and high spirited.


I think it's a gift. Smiling! I don't make enemies hahahaha, kinda  hard to believe right but that's the truth. Well thanks for your time. You are welcome, you are a great guy, may God continue to bless you.....you smell good by the way lol..... Thanks. Bye. Vallycool poet singer/songwriter, promoter, blogger, marketer.....



Be cool vallycool

No comments:

Post a Comment